- The implant surgery is quick and painless, lasting only about 10-15 minutes.
- The area around your eyes will be cleaned and a sterile drape may be applied around your eye.
- Eye drops or a local anesthetic will be used to numb your eyes.
- When your eye is completely numb, an eyelid speculum will be placed between your eyelids to keep you from blinking during the procedure.
- A 3 mm incision is given and ICL is implanted through the incision.
- The recovery time is short and the results of the surgery are almost immediate.
- Most patients resume normal activities within a week.