Are you a good candidate
Good candidates for the ICL include patients who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45.
- Are nearsighted, including those with mild, moderate, and severe myopia (as low as -3D to as high as -20D prescription) with astigmatism of less than 6 D.
- Have sufficient anterior chamber depth and acceptable endothelial cell density (this will be determined by an ophthalmologist after a comprehensive eye exam).
- Have not had a change in their eyeglass prescription of more than 1.00D in a year.
- Are not currently pregnant.
- Have no other contraindications including no known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia , uveitis, glaucoma or any other eye disorder